SILVA’s new range of Race Jet thumb compasses are perfect for the orienteer, adventure race athlete or anyone who needs a high quality compass with fast needle settling time and stability while running.
Race Jet is your compass if you’re looking for an elite thumb compass without fuss - lots of transparency to increase the map visibility and all the high-end qualities that you may need.
The new range of Race Jet Compasses feature:
- New needle design – increases map visibility
- New baseplate design – allows thumb contact with map
- Thicker baseplate material – withstands tougher conditions
- New friction element – improved friction against map
- Smaller capsule – decreases risk of volume changes due to temperature variation which leads to less risk of bubble formation
- Accuracy: ± 1° (17.8 mils)
- Needle: Jet Needle
- Rubber friction feet: Yes
- Size: 73 x 88 x 11 mm
- Weight: 26 grams
- MS - southern hemisphere model
If you prefer a compass with the Spectra system, go to the Race S Jet
Note: the capsule on this compass does not rotate - if you prefer a turnable capsule you should go for the Race 360 Jet.