The SILVA Expedition is a traditional baseplate compass which features an easy-handling Dryflex™ housing, silicon rubber feet for precision map work, detachable safety-release lanyard, night-enabling luminous markings, magnifying lens, a clinometer for measuring slope angle, map-measuring scales in mm or inches, 1:25,000, 1:50,000 and GPS scales, plus built-in adjusters for magnetic declination (including permanent local adjustment). The Expedition can also map-measure 1:40,000.
The slope card is great both for determining how challenging your journey will be and allowing you to judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope. The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which facilitates to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place it directly on to your route on the map. The new graphics contain a more distinct arrow (Expedition) and also a more contemporary font.
The latest model features the following upgrades:
- Scale lanyard
- 2 scales, soft and bendable, easy to place directly on to your route on the map.
- Slope card
- New graphics - more distinct, easier to read
- Declination adjustment: Permanent adjustment for local magnetic declination
- Built in clinometer for vertical angle/slope measurement
- Luminous markings
- Map-measuring scales mm, inch
- Detachable safety-release scale lanyard
- Scales: 1:25k, 1:40k, 1:50k, GPS scales, Lanyard; 1:25, / 1:50, mm, inch
- Compass housing made from easy handling Dryflex™ rubber
- Silicon rubber feet
- Weight: 50 grams
- Dimensions: 125 x 60 x 10 mm
5 year warranty