The Navigation pocket guide is small and lightweight with a PVC jacket, comes complete with a Navigational Aid card and features full-colour diagrams and photography throughout.
This practical handbook to navigation - the techniques of using map and compass - will help you master the key skills necessary for walking and navigating in the mountains. Chapters include instruction in map reading, taking bearings, route planning, navigation at night or in bad weather, as well as details on GPS navigation.
The author, Pete Hawkins, is a qualified mountain leader, freelance journalist and the author of 'Map and Compass' published by Cicerone. He writes the monthly navigation column for a leading leading walking magazine.
- Author: Pete Hawkins
- Format: Paperback - 128 pages
- Comes with Plastic cover & Navigational aid card
- Illustrations: Over 100 colour photos and diagrams
- Why use a Map and Compass?
- Map Essentials - scales and grids
- Map symbols and contours
- Walking with the map
- Choosing your compass
- Taking a bearing from the map
- Walking with map and compass
- Route planning
- Night and Bad Weather Navigation
- New Technology - GPS & Computer mapping
- Where now?
Further details & specifications:
- Publisher: Cicerone Press 2007
- Dimensions: 102 x 156 x 12mm
- Weight: 135 grams
- ISBN10 1852844906
- ISBN13 9781852844905