The Crowood Sports Guide: "Orienteering Skills, Techniques & Training" is excellent introduction to the sport of orienteering, explaining everything from getting started and taking part in your first event to practical training tips and competitive orienteering. With more than 200 maps and full colour photographs highlighting both terrain and tactics, Carol McNeill's guide is ideal for coaches and competitors, from beginners through to advanced.
- Information boxes containing tips and advice aimed at all levels of ability
- How to get started and take part in your first event
- The skills and techniques needed by those just beginning orienteering and by more advanced competitors
- Over 200 maps and photographs in full colour depicting techniques, the terrain, top runners and all aspects of this exhilarating and exciting adventure sport
- Practical information about training, including mental training techniques and how to plan a periodized training programme
This is a simple, easy to read and clearly presented guide, with lots of full colour photographs and illustrations.
Paperback - 128 pages, Published 2010